Is everything going well in your project ? Do you know why ? Or is everything going worse and worse ? In that case, do you have ideas about the current forces drivng the situation ? Surely a single cause, single effect description must be discarded as too simplistic, but how then do we deal with the complexity ? In this interactive session, you will learn how to describe system dynamics in work situations and how to reason about where -- and how much -- to intervene into complex situations.
Format and length: 90 mins interactive session
Intended audience and prerequisites:
This session is intended for coaches, developers and project managers. No prior knowledge of system dynamics is required.
Objective(s) of the session:
In this session we focus on diagramming a system dynamics in order to better understand a given situation and intervene more effectively.
The session will be a success if
- participants have learned system dynamic diagramming skills
- participants have new insight about some usual situations in IT/team dynamics
- presenter and participants can exchange "aha" moments as well as laughter during the session
Benefits, for the participants and the presenters
For the participants:
- learn how to describe a situation in terms of reinforcing and balancing loops
- knowing better how and where to intervene in a situation where systemic dynamics are at play
- discuss and exchange with other practitionners about system dynamics in work situations
- gain new insight on a situation that is challenging your team/customer/manager
- have fun
For the presenters:
- learn more about how to apply the systemic dynamic diagramming
- get to listen and reflect about challenging situations for teams/customers/managers
- have fun