Call for Sessions XP Day Benelux
16 & 17 November 2006
XP Day Benelux is a two day international conference about agile software development, intended for software development and business people from all walks of life. It provides a good opportunity for exchanging ideas and sharing experiences and is suited for both experienced participants and novices. The focus of this conference is on practical knowledge and real-world experience.
Organizing a session is the best way to learn from a conference. It provides an opportunity to share your experiences, to get feedback on your ideas, and to try new session formats. We value interaction and audience participation over presentations and papers. Tutorials, workshops, simulations, and games have been successful at several earlier XP Days.
Sessions will be organized into four tracks over two days. Each session may be 60, 90, or 120 minutes in duration.
Possible session topics include, but are not limited to:
- Agile project management
- Continuous process improvement
- Agile processes from the perspective of the customer, manager or developer
- Transitioning to an agile process
- Beyond agile
- Responding to change vs. long term planning
- The economics of agile software development
- Contracts for agile software projects
- Thinking tools, e.g. systems thinking, Cynefin, theory of constraints, lean development
- Changing yourself and your organization
- Agile requirements management
- Tools and technology
Review and acceptance process
The process will be open in the sense that participants (session
proposers and super early bird registrants) can vote for their favourite
sessions. The program committee will compile the conference program
based on the votes and other criteria to arrive at a balanced program.
See http://www.xpday.net/Xpday2005/ReviewCriteria.html for details.
For a session proposal, the following information is required (you may
provide more information if you feel that's appropriate):
4. Process & timetable
5. Format: e.g. simulation, game, workshop, interactive presentation or demo, case study, goldfish bowl
6. Intended audience & required experience level (e.g. apprentice, journeyman, master)
7. Benefits of participating
8. Benefits of organizing - what does the organizer expect to learn?
9. Duration: 60, 90, 120 minutes
10. Materials needed from the conference organizers: e.g. flip charts, beamer
11. Organizer bio and contact information
Session proposals should be sent in before August 1st, 2006 to sessions, using the template above. You will be notified of acceptance by mid-September.
Session organizers will get a free admission to the conference.
- Vera Peeters (Tryx)
- Pascal Van Cauwenberghe (Nayima)
- Rob Westgeest (Westgeest Consultancy)
- Willem van den Ende (Living Software)
- Nynke Fokma (Moebius)
- Marc Evers (Piecemeal Growth)
Organization and contact info
The XP Day Benelux conference is organized by AgileSystems v.z.w., a non-profit organisation with the aim to collect and disseminate knowledge and experience about agile software development and systems thinking - http://www.agilesystems.org
For more information, contact us at xpdayinfo